Proceed compass calibration for the following situations:
- The drone is brand new.
- The drone has been repaired.
- The drone is more than 100 km away from the last calibration location.
- The drone has been subjected to strong magnetic fields.
- The drone has been crashed or subjected to the heavy shaking.
- The drone sways or drifts excessively during hovering in GPS mode.
- The remote controller screen prompts “WARNING Compass error Calibrate Compass”.
Note: Compass calibration should always be performed in an open, outdoor area, and away from any sources of magnetic interference, such as parking lots, high-voltage towers, metal structures, radio masts, or mobile phones. Please do not carry strong magnetic subjects with you during the calibration.
Place the drone on a level surface, power on the remote controller, then the drone. Wait for the aircraft to connect to the remote controller.
After the connection finishes, rapidly move the Flight Mode switch back and forth until the aircraft’s rear status indicators flash green, or the remote controller screen prompts “Compass Calibration Rotate The Aircraft Horizontally”. The drone will now perform compass calibration.
Hold the drone horizontally and rotate clockwise about 2~3 turns until the rear indicators slowly flash green or the remote controller screen prompts “Compass Calibration Rotate The Aircraft Vertically”.
Hold the drone nose-down and rotate clockwise about 2~3 turns until the remote controller screen prompts “WARNING Aircraft Initializing, Please Wait”. Now place the drone on a level surface for 30 seconds. When the prompt disappears, power off and restart the drone. The compass calibration is complete.